Now they were standing at a bridge. Below them were cars, passing one by one; and before the whizzing sound one makes could ever really hurt her ears, another one broke in. She just tried to imagine they were on a pleasant beach, listening to the gentle slaps of water soaking the sand.
And then another car passed by, making a sound which exclaimed the end of the world, and before she knew it, the image was gone.
"Why would he take me here?" was what she was thinking, and he almost knew it by the smirk she had.
The girl just kept questioning. The cars kept on coming. He never really expected something to come.
"Oh honey," he whispered "you're so easy."
"What's that?"
There was an awkward silence for a minute, followed by even more cars passing by -- horning and buzzing.
She looked at him, demanding a word, and he almost knew it even before she could say or do anything.
"I so badly wanna get into your life," he was talking now; and the murmurs in his head became the words at his mouth, "screw it and leave."
"Oh well."
"Oh well? Is this what you have to say? Oh well?" He was thankful.
"I mean, I can't really force you into anything. And I really wasn't expecting...--"
He raised an eyebrow. She put on a quirky smile.
"-- I wasn't expecting it to last any longer."
He did not expect that.
Another car passed by.
No comments:
Post a Comment