Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Just Another Blog Entry

We all get older and wiser (sometimes sillier, too) with time. Things come, things pass, and we move on. Just like Macbeth, we wait for those who come, and let time and the hour to run past the roughest day.

Although that sophisticated entry might suggest otherwise, this is not another pack of words that I'm jotting down trying to get to the essence of life.

I'm having a wonderful evening and I just don't feel like looking for a point in life. Yet.

What I like to do on such lovely evenings is glancing through books I've been with a long time. With my beloved companions aside - solitude and hindsight - we skim through all those words that stayed the same as I've changed. There they are, the words, standing before me. Some of them don't have the same might, some of them lost all the magical aura, yet they still pose a picture of sheer beauty.

Some of the words are weaker now, and some of them mean a lot more.

This wonderful evening reminds me of many others, and through my moments of reminiscence, I reckon, it is not the words, but me who has changed.

I used to masticate words with careful steps and let them sink in, but the passing years turned me into a hungry beast, who looks for words right here, right now. They're losing their aesthetic impression, and turn into pragmatic tools of language, which makes me a boring person as a whole.

At that instant, poetry comes right in, reminding me of the images and occasions where a single word, on its own, holds more truth than pages of writing.

This evening is a good evening and I want to stop this idle, hungry word monster in me. This time around, I'm going to explore each word with extreme care and attention -- no less than what they deserve.

Love, is the first one that comes to mind.

I remember the time when love meant sex. I can also remember the time love meant lies. Now, I'm somewhere in between.

Next to "love", I have the cosmic dream: Physics.

The physics book, bodies in motion, the sun, the wheels, the hula-hoops. I feel like overdosing Sufjan Stevens to make a wonderful night to follow a wonderful evening.

The BQE, Age of Adz.

Life. Love. Me.

Cheers.






Sufjan Stevens, The BQE.

No comments:

Post a Comment